By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Source: Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1 sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/2-inch thick strips
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Light feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Soak quinoa in cold water for 3 minutes; drain in sieve. In saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups salted water to boil; stir in quinoa and return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until no liquid remains, 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and fluff with fork; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread on small tray and let cool for 10 minutes.
Chipotle Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss together red and yellow peppers, zucchini, asparagus and 3 tbsp of the vinaigrette until coated. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill until charred and tender, 4 to 6 minutes for asparagus, 10 to 12 minutes for peppers and zucchini. Cut into large chunks and return to bowl.
Add remaining dressing, quinoa, half of the feta cheese, the pumpkin seeds and cilantro; stir until incorporated. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Serve immediately.