I figured I could do better.
So, this is truly MY year in review. It's a tad more personal-life related than I usually do on this blog, but Facebook wouldn't let me upload it directly, so here we are. Two things stoodd out for me as I went through the big moments and the photos of all the little ones in between: there was an awful lot of fitness and active-related activity, and there were a LOT of smiling friends and family involved.
- Trip to New York City.
- Trying out firearms for the first (and last?) time.
- Parties, patios, and many good times playing games with friends.
- Outdoor Fitness Challenge.
- Holidays with friends and family: Easter, Canada Day, Thanksgiving, Hallowe'en and Christmas.
- The closure and move of my work place, and the opening of our brand new library.
- Ultimate Frisbee, Kayaking, Climbing, Archery.
- A visit from Uncle Ross to Ontario, and me going to B.C. to visit my sister, meant that I saw my entire family this year and that doesn't always happen.
- Summiting a mountain, white water rafting, and outdoor climbing, on that B.C. trip.
- Completing the Bad Ass Dash with friends I've known since high school.
Yeah. Whatever the ups and downs of the year have been, at this point in time, as I look back, the lyrics to "Que Sera" by Justice Crew seem to have the most relevance:
At the end of the day
Some you win, some you don't
So I'm glad that I'm here
With some friends that I know
Always there with a smile
Saying you're not alone
Singing la la la la